Our COVID-19 Response
As you are aware, Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to have a significant impact on the travel industry and we understand that you may be concerned about your upcoming travel plans.
The Government of Barbados has mandated that any arrivals from the US, Europe and the UK after March 22, 2020, remain self-quarantined for 14 days. This public health requirement remains in effect. Most international airlines that service the island have also temporarily suspended services.*
With the current unprecedented situation regarding COVID-19 evolving very rapidly, our operation now has been reduced to a bare minimum.
On property services will be scaled back through April 30th in the first instance to allow us to best protect our team members.
Member Cancellation Policy:
Members, please log-in to the Owners’ Centre and view General Documents for more information.
Guest Cancellation Policy:
In response to fluid external conditions, we are implementing the following policies:
For guests with existing reservations for upcoming travel until April 30th, 2020:
We will allow rescheduled dates for one year from your original travel date without penalty, with your full deposit applied to your future stay. If the credit exceeds the cost of your future stay, we will allow you to apply the remaining balance to incidentals. If you don’t wish to reschedule your trip, your full deposit will be forfeited.
For guests with non-refundable reservations for upcoming travel until April 30th, 2020:
We will allow you to reschedule your stay within one year from your original travel date without penalty. To reschedule your booking, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1 246-423-6220. We will respond to the most urgent emails – based on the closest travel dates – first, and as soon as possible given the circumstances.
We will continue to take bookings for dates after April 30th with a flexible cancellation policy (up to 24 hours prior to arrival). This date is subject to change as the public health situation continues to evolve.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Our Health and Safety Procedures:
We take standards of hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and team members at this time.
Specific measures we are taking include:
- Temperature Checks: In keeping with local health authority port of entry checks, The Crane is preparing to implement daily temperature checks of arriving guests and all staff members, with handheld portable temperature sensors.
- Hand Washing: Effective and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of this contagious virus. Our daily briefings include reminders of how this simple practice helps protect their safety and that of our guests.
- Hand Sanitisers: Hand-sanitiser dispensers have been placed in all highly-trafficked staff areas and guest buildings.
- Training: All team members are being exposed to enhanced COVID-19 awareness training on an ongoing basis.
- Guest Rooms: We are using stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, and public bathrooms.
- Non-Guest Areas: We have increased the frequency of cleaning, with a focus on high-touch areas like team member security entrances, laundry rooms and administrative offices.
How You Can Stay Safe:
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Stay up to date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Avoid large groups of people and close contact with other people as much as possible
- Avoid handshakes
*As at March 25th, 2020